Samsung has its own ideas on how to light up its best thinkers.
When Samsung wants new ideas it sends its best thinkers to its Value Innovation Center.
Here is Samsung's Five Steps to Brilliant Ideas:
1. Lock Them Up - Samsung thinks daily life might get in the way. Hence they lock their thinkers up in the VIP center and leave them there until they come up with a good idea. I wonder if they feel like VIPs at the VIP center.
2. Give them a guiding hand - around 50 specialists work at the center with the task in mind of keeping Samsung's employees and thinker on task.
3. Mix them up - Samsung lets the designers hang out with the engineers with the planners with the, well anyone else who ventures in. Brainstorming with unlike minds can be quite stimulating.
4. Set a deadline - Samsung teams have a timetable and a drop dead date. Nothing like being told you will drop dead at a certain date if you don't get something done.
5. Do it by the number - Samsung team members assign value curves and graphs and rank attributes.
Americans can probably do all fo these except the last. Americans can't do this kind of math.
What do you think?go to 老毕看中国